Sunday, August 9, 2009

TEAM BOB -- Trainer Bob Harper Talks About Second Chances


When "The Biggest Loser" returns in mid-September, the show will very much be about second chances, according to the show trainer Bob Harper.

"When you get to see one of our contestants from last season get back on the show," Harper told etonline, "get a second chance at the show, it is so great.

"There is a woman who lost her husband and both children. She is getting a second chance at life. We have the largest contestant we ever have had -- a 476 pound girl. On the first day, they had to run a mile, and one of the contestants was so unhealthy that she wasn't able to walk a mile -- and we didn't get work out of her for three weeks! She is doing great."

Harper said that the best part of the show is "getting them back in charge of their lives -- to save their lives. I love what I do, and I take it seriously. It is such a motivation, keeps me inspired and keeps my head in the game. That is my job -- to help as many people as I can. And that is why I like making these games. It helps spread the message that you can take charge, can get up off the sofa and find something more active that you like to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment