Friday, August 28, 2009

THE HEAVIEST CONTESTANT EVER, SHAY SORRELLS, IS OUT TO BEAT HERSELF EACH WEEK


The Biggest Loser's heaviest contender ever, Shauntina "Shay" Sorrells, began her weight-loss journey on the show with high hopes. She revealed that although at the start of this journey she is wearing a size 32 dress, she brought with her a much smaller size 20.

"I brought a size 20 red dress because I think red dresses are hot," confided Sorrells. "I am a size 32, so that is pushing it: 12 sizes, a size a week. I am being realistic. I don't think I will be a size 10 or eight. I have a long journey ahead of me. I look at my partner and I know I have a long journey ahead of me, so I am trying not to be focused on a size, but on when I can run, when I can play on the playground with my kids, when I can wear a white dress and have the wedding that I didn't have. When I can do those things, I am good."

Sorrell's partner is 20-year-old Daniel Wright, a student from North Carolina -- who returns this season after beginning last year as the heaviest contestant in the history of the show. So when he picked Sorrells as his partner, it was essentially the prior heaviest contestant ever choosing the new heaviest contestant ever.

"It is amazing to see him running next to me on the treadmill and seeing my future," said Sorrells. "It is like seeing your future in boy form. He is at like a 15 incline, but looking at the fact that his footsteps are my path, it is amazing. There is nothing better. At first, I was, "Don't you want one of the small girls? I am probably not your best bet to get to the end." But in reality, I think he knows how far I can go. And he believes in me and that is huge.

Sorrells admits that The Biggest Loser show is a game -- but she considers that the way to play the game is to try to beat yourself each week.

"The game is beat yourself every week, like Tara," Sorrells explained. "She didn't worry about anybody else. She beat herself every week. When you beat yourself, you don't fall below the yellow line. People [need to] see that I have the longest journey and I am not a threat for the $250,000. The money isn't going to change my life; a 250-pound weight loss will change my life a lot. I hope to beat records, such as Ron's first weigh-in, the most weight lost by a woman … And maybe the most weight lost on the show."

The first episode of The Biggest Loser will air on September 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment